I will simply say, just learn these interesting Google tricks and use it in your life.
1. Search a specific file type
You can search only a particular file type in Google. To do this you have to mention filetype: <filetype> in Google search. For Example type Bollywood Movies filetype:pdf in Google and it will show you all the PDF files related to Bollywood Movies.2. Search for an exact phraseIf you want to search an exact phrase then just keep the words inside double quotes. For Example: First type World Famous Foods in Google and see the result and then type “World Famous Foods“ in the quotes and verify the result with the previous search.
3. Search within a specific site
You can search for keywords within a specific site by applying a simple trick. You have to write site: <site name> after the key word. For Example: type command prompt site:www.funbutlearn.com to search about command prompt only in my blog.
4. Get Live Stock quotesYou just need to enter the ticker symbol of the company and you will get the live stock quotes at the top of the Google search. For Example: Type FB in Google search, it will show you real time live stock quotes of Facebook. The value will be updated in the Google search page itself.
5. Get Sunrise and Sunset time at a place
You can directly get sunrise and sunset time at a place just by typing sunset or sunrise followed by place name. For Example: Type Sunset Delhi to know the sunset time in Delhi.
6. Get Sunrise and Sunset time at a placeYou can directly get sunrise and sunset time at a place just by typing sunset or sunrise followed by place name. For Example: Type Sunset Delhi to know the sunset time in Delhi.
7. Google’s MentalPlex page for April fool day 2000This is an amazing page where you no need to type your search queries. Google MentalPlex will automatically determine what you are about to search by evaluating over 1.3 billion variables which includes air pressure, humidity, ozone content, your mouse movements etc. Google had designed this page for April Fool’s day 2000.
8. View all visited URLs in Google searchYou can view all of your visited pages in Google by a simple trick. To do this, just search for something in Google and then click on the link Show search tools present at the left side of the search result page. Then in the All Result section you will find a link called Visited Pages. Click on it and Google will show you all the visited pages.
9. Get a cached copy of a website
If a website is not opening or blocked temporarily then how can you open it ? Yes you can open it ! It is possible by a simple trick.You can view its cached copy which has been cached by Google some hours or some days ago. For Example: Type cache:www.funbutlearn.com to get a cached copy of my blog.
10. Shorten longer URL with Google URL shortenerIf you are sending some longer URL in Facebook chat or emailing it to somebody then you might prefer to make it short so that your message will be less cluttered. Go to goo.gl and enter your lengthy URL to make it short.
11. Find the population of a countryYou can directly find the population of a country just by typing population followed by country name. For Example: Type population Delhi to get the population of Delhi.
12. Find very similar websites of a particular websiteIf you want to know which websites are very similar to a particular website, then type related: followed by the website URL. Google will show you all possible websites which are similar to the website that you have searched for. For Example: If you want to know all other websites which are similar to www.amazon.com then type related:www.amazon.com
13. Narrow down your search to some specific site If you want to search in some particular websites like .co.in, .edu, .gov, .com etc then you can type your search queries followed by site:edu to search in .edu sites and so on. For Example: If you want to search about Bluetooth Technology in educational sites then type Bluetooth Technology site:edu in Google and press enter. It will fetch result from educational sites.
14. Visit Google Moon and Google mars Just like Google Earth Google has developed 2 more beautiful sites Google Moon and Google Mars. These are the best site for students to explore the universe. Just visit them and enjoy.
15. Search for a word directly in the URL You can search for a keyword directly in the URL. To do this you have to type allinurl: followed by your search query. For Example: If you want to search for mobile battery in URL then type allinurl: mobile battery