We all use the status update feature in Facebook to communicate our feelings to our friends. But have you ever tried to read your old updates ? Do you have the curiosity to know what you have posted 9 months ago ? It seems to be difficult to read all your status updates in a single page. Unfortunately Facebook does not provide any direct link to achieve this task. But there is a work around which we can do to achieve this goal.
Using Facebook Graph to fetch status updates
- Login to your Facebook account
- Go to http://developers.facebook.com/tools/explorer
- You will see the Graph API Explorer page
- There will be a button called Get Access Token, click on it.
- A pop up will open where you can find some check boxes to select your permissions.
- Select the User Status checkbox and click on Get Access Token button.
- After the above step is done, the access token text box in the original page will be automatically filled by a long token.
- Just below it you will find two options, Graph API and FQL Query. Select the Graph API option.
- In the text area write the following and press the submit button
- You can see all your status updates and time in JSON format.