(By Saurav Misra)
We all know that we cannot create folders with name:
CON, PRN, AUX, NUL, COM1, COM2, COM3, COM4, COM5, COM6, COM7, COM8, COM9, LPT1, LPT2, LPT3, LPT4, LPT5, LPT6, LPT7, LPT8, LPT9 as they are the OS reserved names.
But we can create above folders:
Trick 1 (By using command prompt)
- Open command prompt (Start>Run>cmd)
- Type the following in your command prompt:
- Press Enter
Then open your D Drive & CON Folder is ready !!! Now you will find that you cannot delete this folder. So again open command prompt and type the following
Trick 2 (Without using command prompt)
- Just create a new folder.
- Rename it and type by pressing Alt key 0160
(Hold the ALT key and type 0160 from the numeric keypad (ALT+0160))
- Then release Alt key and type the special names like COM1, CON, PRN etc…
- If you are a laptop user then just press Fn+Numlk and follow the same process as above.
- Don’t type the numbers using the numeric keyboard. Type the numbers using the alphabets. For example in my keyboard M represents 0, J represents 1, K represents 2, L represents 3, U represents 4, I represents 5, O represents 6, 7 represents 7, 8 represents 8 and 9 represents 9.
- After doing all, you can cancel the Num lk by again pressing Fn+Numlk