- Open command prompt and type tasklist
- After you press enter all the tasks will be listed out in the command prompt with their names and PID.
- Then to terminate a program type Taskkill /PID <PID> /F
- Mention the value of your PID in place of the angular brackets
- Here is an example I am going to show you
- Suppose following programs are open in your computer out of which the firefox got Not Responding.
- Then to terminate the firefox we have to write the following command in command prompt.
- Taskkill /PID 796 /F
In the second trick I will tell you how to create a batch file which will list out all the running tasks. To terminate a program just you need to enter the PID and press enter.
@ echo offAfter you save it just double click to open the file and mention the PID to terminate a program.
set /p pid=ENTER PID TO TERMINATE:
Taskkill /PID %pid% /F
You may also like to see some more command prompt tricks